The Drive –in/ Drive Thru systems maximizes the use of space within a warehouse holding up to 75 percent more pallet than standard pallet racks. Products stored in a loading lane should have the same SKU to avoid unnecessary pallet handling.
With the load raised slightly above the level on which it is to be deposited, forklifts enter the system and deposit the pallets on support rails. This action is repeated at various levels for positioned at various levels. This system offers a highly dense storage option.
The depth of each lane will depend on the number of pallet per SKU, the occupied space, and the length of time they will be stored.
Drive-in/Drive-Thru Pallet Rack is ideal for stocking large quantities of relatively few product types. It can reduce overall square footage requirements by 35 percent or more compared to a standard Selective Rack configuration.
– LIFO/FIFO (last in, first out/first in, first out) configurations
– Reduces space, cuts cost, and holds more loads with its deep lane storage
– High volume, low SKU
– Eliminates the need for multiple aisles
– Provides control over entry and exit
– Favors density as opposed to the selectivity of Selective Pallet Rack
– Designed specifically to suit your pallets and forklifts
With roll-formed Drive-In/Drive-Thru racks, products are stored several pallets deep and the lift equipment enters the structure to store or retrieve items.
A Drive-In pallet rack system uses the same entry and exit point for each storage bay, providing last in, first out (LIFO) access. A Drive-Thru pallet rack system is loaded on one side and unloaded from the other for first in, first out flow (FIFO).
A wide variety of heights and depths are available to meet any storage requirement.